Luxury Holidays in Cyprus
Flying Time: 4 hours 30 minutes Time Difference: GMT +3 hours
We can provide general information about any health formalities required for your trip but you should check with your own doctor for your specific circumstances. Up-to-date travel advice can be obtained from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office website.
Cyprus is a popular, year-round holiday destination as it benefits from one of the warmest climates in the Mediterranean part of the EU. The warmest months are generally April through to the end of November, with temperatures ranging from around 21-24°C during the day and 11-14°C at night. August is the hottest month in Cyprus with average temperatures of 26°C. January is the coldest with an average of 13°C. The wettest month is December with an average rainfall of approximately 100 mm and the higher mountain areas, such as Troodos, are cooler than the rest of the island.
Fig Tree Bay
Tombs of the Kings
The island of Cyprus is divided between The Greek Republic of Cyprus in the south and Turkey in the north. The island has long been a popular year-round luxury holiday destination for families, couples and friends with a diverse history to explore as well as many beaches, traditional villages and impressive mountains. Lying in the Mediterranean Ocean, off the west coast of Turkey, the average temperatures in Cyprus range from winter lows of 17°C up to highs of 31°C and above during the summer.
More About Cyprus
It’s an ideal luxury destination to explore ancient archaeological Greek ruins and, according to legend, is the birth place of Aphrodite - the goddess of love and beauty. Many people have chosen Cyprus for their wedding, renewal of vows ceremony or to have a leisurely and romantic honeymoon.
English is very widely spoken and hiring a car to explore is a great option as the Cypriots drive on the left hand side of the road! You could take yourself off to see remote coves, the rugged coastlines, the historic capital city of Nicosia or anywhere else that takes your fancy.
Popular holiday resorts include Ayia Napa, Limassol and Paphos; Ayia Napa is always a great choice if you‘re looking for a lively resort as there‘s plenty of nightlife but you also have easy access to the WaterWorld waterpark and 14 Blue Flag beaches. Limassol lies on the coast and boasts a good range of shopping opportunities, a beautiful marina and you'll find no shortage of tavernas, restaurants and bars to visit too. Paphos is dotted with churches, monasteries, theatres, ancient ruins and much more.
Our must see tip is the beautiful Troodos Mountains; such a peaceful area with breathtaking sights. Due to the altitude, Troodos gives visitors a refreshing break from the summer heat down at sea level and skiers enjoy the snow capped peaks during winter. The charming villages are a delight to explore and there are fascinating nature and hiking trails, UNESCO Byzantine Churches, museums and waterfalls to see and the area also has great biking terrain with official cycling routes too.
Designer Travel can find you exactly what you are looking for in Cyprus... whether it's a villa big enough for your family and friends, a cosy boutique retreat or simply a high quality luxury hotel room in the resort you want to visit, our experts have the skill and knowledge to search for exactly what you want so you don't have to! We can arrange weddings, honeymoons, bespoke trips, two-centre holidays and more - we do our absolute best to ensure you get what you want from your luxury holiday to Cyprus.
Highlights / Things To Do
Fig Tree Bay
- Fig Tree Bay is a beautiful sandy beach in the resort of Protaras. It is actually well known for being one of the best beaches in Europe with its crystal clear water and fantastic weather. There are plenty of places to eat as well as shops and bars.
- Situated in the Troodos area, Kykkos Monastery was established at the end of the 11th century, although nothing in the existing monastery predates the great fire in 1831. The current buildings are immaculately maintained, and it’s easy to see why it is the richest and most famous monastery on the island of Cyprus.
Tombs of the Kings
- This striking collection of underground tombs dates back to the 4th century BC. Situated about 2km from Paphos Harbour, the tombs are carved out of the solid rock and some of them are decorated with Doric pillars.
- (UTC+02:00) Athens, Bucharest
- 1.17 Million
- Great temperatures make Cyprus a year round holiday destination Something for everyone – families, couples and groups of friends Looking for lots of peace of a spot of partying?
- Cyprus can fit the bill for both Cyclists will love the biking terrain and sights in the Troodos Mountains
- Plenty of luxury golden beaches for rest and relaxation Cyprus is steeped in history with lots of architectural and historic sites to visit
- Car hire is fantastic, especially as Cypriots drive on the left hand side of the road
- Perfect for honeymoons and romantic breaks – Cyrpus is the birthplace of Aphrodite
- Food lovers will find Latchi and Pissouri an ideal choice for authentic, mouthwatering cuisine
- Protaras is a good, family-friendly resort
Destinations in Cyprus
CyprusLocated on the south coast of Cyprus, Ayia Napa is a favourite destination for a large number of tou...
CyprusProtaras is a lovely resort which is perfect for families and couples. There's plenty to occupy all ...
CyprusSituated on the southern coast of Cyprus, Limassol is the second largest town on the island. It has ...
CyprusPaphos is a busy resort located on the south-west coast of Cyprus. It‘s an ideal luxury holiday de...
Hotels in Cyprus
Nissi Beach Resort
Ayia Napa , CyprusFamous for its glorious sandy beach and clear blue sea, Nissi Beach is one of the finest on the isla...
Olympic Lagoon Resort, Ayia Napa
Ayia Napa , CyprusOlympic Lagoon Resort Ayia Napa reopened in April 2018 after comprehensive upgrading and extension. ...
Dome Beach Hotel & Resort
Ayia Napa , CyprusSituated on Nissi Bay just outside Ayia Napa, this superb 4-star hotel is ideal if you're looking fo...
Anastasia Beach Hotel
Protaras , CyprusAnastasia Beach Hotel is located in beautiful Marlita Bay just outside Protaras. You'll have the bea...
Louis Althea Kalamies Villas
Protaras , CyprusThis wonderful three and four bedroom villa complex was built in 2009. Each luxury property has a pr...
Capo Bay Hotel
Protaras , CyprusCapo Bay Hotel enjoys a stunning location overlooking Fig Tree Bay. This deluxe hotel features lands...
Le Meridien Limassol Spa & Resort
Limassol , CyprusLe Meridien Limassol Spa & Resort really is a gem, and for those visiting Cyprus for the first t...
Amathus Beach Hotel
Limassol , CyprusIf you are looking for luxury and service, then the Amathus Beach may be the ideal choice for you. T...
Four Seasons Hotel Cyprus
Limassol , CyprusThe Four Seasons is an independently owned five star hotel situated on its own sandy beach which off...
Coral Beach Hotel & Resort
Paphos , CyprusCoral Beach Hotel & Resort overlooks the blue sparkling waters of Coral Bay and the long sandy b...
Paphos , CyprusThe Anassa is situated in a quiet and picturesque area of the Akamas Peninsula in northwestern Cypru...
Columbia Beach Resort
Paphos , CyprusThis stunning beach resort in Cyprus is located in the tranquil and picturesque Bay of Pissouri on a...