little steps...BIG IMPACT
The team at Designer Travel have taken on the challenge of making a real difference when it comes to our amazing planet. With that aim in mind, we have created our Little Steps...Big Impact story, which is told through the eyes of our baby elephant "Moyo". Moyo means heart in Swahili.
Moyo's goal is to talk about the simple steps that we can all take, both at home and overseas, to make a real difference when it comes to our environment.
We all love to travel and we want to help ensure that future generations have the same opportunities as we do.
I hope you will fall a little bit in love with Moyo and his powerful story and that you will share our challenge to make a real difference and help our amazing planet.
Designer Travel and Sustainability
Designer Travel is committed to doing whatever we can to help look after our planet.
As one of the UK’s leading travel homeworking businesses, we are committed to working with partners who put sustainability at the very heart of their business, both in terms of strategy and more importantly in terms of demonstrating implementation.
We as an agent will do everything, we can to keep our customers informed of industry-wide sustainability policies allowing customers to make informed decisions about all of their travel choices.
Designer Travel are committed to: -
• Providing our team with regular training opportunities to learn more suppliers who have proven sustainability credentials. Our series of weekly webinars are designed to bring policies to life and give the team an opportunity to explore what operator and supplier policies mean in practise.
• Producing our own customer communication document to be sent out electronically to all customers, featuring handy tips on how everyone can make a difference to the environment they are visiting along with how to make a difference when they return home.
• Working hard to reduce the amount of paper we use in all parts of our business. This means, that we will use electronic communications wherever possible and when ever it suits the most important part of our business – our customers.
• Recycling. We know just how important it is to re-cycling as much as we possible can. We will strive to source consumables that are officially recognised as being recyclable. We will recycle in both of our Head Office buildings in Ramsbottom with every team member playing their part within their home environment.
• Improving our water efficiency. Both at our home locations and Head Office properties we will make a conscious effort to reduce our use of water and minimise waste.
• Helping to protect natural environments and the wildlife in the destinations that we trade with around the globe. We will only promote wildlife experiences that are endorsed by the locals
increasing fuel efficiency and investing in biofuels and recycling programs.