I stayed at this lovely 5* hotel in Corfu last year with my husband and really could not fault it. It is in a great position on a peninsula overlooking the bay, with its own private beaches and only a few miles from Corfu Town. Our room was bungalow style...
Whether you are a ski novice or an experienced skier, Whistler in Canada is a great place for your next ski holiday. Whistler is situated 75 miles north of Vancouver, transfer time is around 2.5 hours and is generally included in the ski package so no car hire is necessary. It is consistently voted the no 1 ski resort in North America, very popular with British visitors and usually cheaper to holiday there than USA.
So what makes Whistler so good ?
1. Whistler offers the most reliable, consistent snow in North America with a terrain of 8000 acres well split to suit beginners, intermediate and advanced skiers. It has a long season from November to May and is also a great place to take the family.
2. All types of accommodations available from 5 star hotels to apatment style condominiums and a great range of shops and dining options to suit all tastes and budgets. Many of the hotels have spas with indoor and outdoor pools, saunas and hot tubs
3. English speaking ski instructors, well organised lift queues and warm and friendly Canadian hospitality..
4. Two massive mountains, Blackcomb and Whistler, joined by the Peak to 2 Peak gondola , 38 lifts, over 1 mile vertical, 3 glaciers, 200 marked trails and a longest run of 7 miles !
5.The slopes run down into the village where you will find lively apres-ski and a vibrant nightlife Non-skiing activities include sleigh rides, snowmobiling, a tube park, dog sledding, zip trekking, swimming pools, skating rink, and ice hockey matches.
6. Scheduled direct flights from the UK to Vancouver allow you to have whatever duration of holiday you like and you can also add on a few days in Vancouver too if you like.
There are various hotel and equipment hire offers on for early booking and you will usually get a better deal on scheduled flights if you book sooner rather than later. I can arrange a straightforward package holiday or tailor make something to your exact requirements, just give me a ring or drop me an email and I will do the rest. And Whistler is not just a WInter destination, it is also a summer one….you can now travel here by Rocky Mountaineer from Vancouver and include it as part of a trip to the Canadian Rockies or even an Alaskan cruise. The possibilities are endless!
More of My Articles
If you love good food, stunning scenery and history then Sorrento and this lovely Italian coastline is well worth a visit. There is so much to do here, you really will be spoilt for choice! The 'Amalfi Drive', taking in Positano and Ravello has the most breathtaking scenery and our...
Cruising gains in popularity every year so what's the big deal? 1. Value for money...4/5* hotel standard and different place to see almost every day without the bother of packing and unpacking, fantastic food served throughout the day in lovely settings and daytime entertainment and West End style shows performed...
Get in touch with a Personal Travel Expert for information about our Destinations, travel advice or a quote.01942 322538
We'll call you back
Leave us your contact details and we will be in touch as soon as possible.