What to Pack for your cruise in the sun.
Before my first cruise holiday I had absolutely no idea what to pack. Here are my top tips to save you from panic packing.
- For the first day on your cruise it’s a good idea to have a small carry-on bag containing travel documents, a change of clothes, swimsuit and any medication you may need. You may have to wait a little while for your suitcase to be delivered to your stateroom.
- Multi plug adaptor. Plug sockets vary on cruise ships so a multi adaptor is always handy for hair straighteners and phone chargers etc.
- There will be towels provided…however they may sometimes be shaped like animals! You may want to bring a beach towel to take ashore but in some cases you can take towels away from the ship as long as you promise to bring them back.
- Ladies, I would suggest wedges rather than high heels for evenings on board. I have seen some women strutting their stuff in heels around the ship but I find that wedges are glam enough and a lot more comfortable.
- Comfy flats or trainers. Some of the shore excursions require you to wear closed toe shoes. You do not want to find yourself hiking up to a volcano or riding a horse along the beach in your wedges.
- Check your cruise itinerary for specialist theme nights. Examples of these include white parties (bring your best white dress or shirt), 70s theme night…bold patterns, miniskirts, you get the picture! Thankfully none of this is compulsory!
- Some itineraries may include formal nights. Many people go all out on these occasions in cocktail dresses and tuxedos. On some ships you may be able to rent a tux if you do not wish to bring your own. If you don’t feel like dressing up, you may still be required to wear long trousers in some of the formal dining rooms (no shorts and t-shirts.)
- A few changes of swimsuit for lazing around the pool. Maybe a little cover up in case you wish to pop over to the bar for a cocktail.
- Casual sun dresses, shorts and t shirts for days either on-board or exploring new shores.
- A light jumper for the evening…just in case.
- Basics; sun cream, camera, underwear.
- Some cruise ships may offer a laundry service at a small cost.
- Make sure you leave some room in your case for all the souvenirs you are bound to pick up along the way.
If you have already booked a cruise holiday I hope you have a wonderful time.
If you are considering booking or would like any help or advise I would be happy to help.
Feel free to contact me on 07816 443902 / 02087781255
Email me; email@example.com
Visit me on Facebook; www.facebook.com/designertravelnataliespear