The Fortress Sri Lanka, Galle, Southern Province, Sri Lanka
About The Fortress
The Fortress is located on Sri Lanka's southern coast on the beach near Koggala. This is a lovely hotel with a welcoming and tranquil atmosphere as well as a good choice of chic rooms and fantastic dining opportunities.
There are contemporary features which include a glass cave housing a wide selection of old world wines, a panoramic bar, an art gallery and a fibre optic lit pool. Tea lovers should try the Sri Lankan Dilmah Tea bar and sample the selection of locally grown teas..
More About The Fortress
Enjoy the fibre optic-pool and Lime Spa where you can indulge in Ayurvedic treatments whilst framed by landscaped gardens with stunning water features.
Other facilities include the gymnasium, yoga pavilion, water sports centre, library, turtle hatchery, wedding chapel, boutique, art gallery and tours with the resort naturalist.
Also available at extra cost are bicycles, golf (nearby) and tours of Galle and surrounding areas.
Facilities & Amenities
Rooms & Suites
The Fortress has 49 very stylish rooms, lofts and residences. Accommodation features air-conditioning and open-air bathrooms, plasma TV and Bose DVD-player, iPod dock and minibar.
- Fortress Rooms: There are 11 Fortress rooms which all have high ceilings and open onto a courtyard or garden balcony.
- Ocean Rooms: Located on the upper floor, Ocean rooms and supremely elegant with high vaulted ceilings.
- Beach Rooms: Ground floor level rooms with butler service.
- Ocean Lofts: Have a large living-room with indoor plunge pool and upstairs bedroom plus butler service.
- Fortress Residences: Luxurious living for the discerning traveller. Comprises two bedrooms, infinity edge pool and private butler service.
Sri Lankan cuisine is served in both of the resorts restaurants – Pepper & Heat and Duo. Enjoy a choice of dining options from international and traditional Sri Lankan, pizzeria, poolside dining and tea room.