Leisure Isle Lodge – near Knysna, The Garden Route, South Africa
Luxury and sophisticated elegance
Small island retreat in the heart of the Garden Route overlooking a lagoon and perfectly positioned on Bollard Bay
All the 11 rooms are very spacious and stylish and individually decorated. Suites or double rooms either enjoy a magnificent lagoon view or open out onto the garden and pool. All rooms are very well equipped including satellite TV and the finest linen.
Daniela’s, a separate restaurant on site has an excellent reputation for serving exciting contemporary cuisine, offering superb breakfasts and delicious dinners. There is an excellent choice of other restaurants in Knysna itself a 10 minute drive away.
Facilities and things to do
The lodge has its own spacious deck area overlooking a small sandy beach. On the land side there is an attractive garden with swimming pool.
There are lots of things to do close by and include:
- Take a lagoon cruise, enjoy wonderful views at Knysna Head, visit the CP Nel Museum
- Outeniqua Tjoe-Choo Steam Train rides along the coast beside the Outeniqua Mountains from Knysna to George
- Drive through the ‘lake district’ to Wilderness – golden stretches of beaches await you
- Beautiful Plettenburg Bay is 30 minutes away
- Try the Tsitsikamma Canopy Tour, a unique eco-wilderness adventure that takes place in rainforest at Stormsriver (between Knysna and Port Elizabeth)
- For golf lovers Knysna is ideal with two excellent courses nearby
Connected to the mainland by a causeway, Leisure Island has a small island community. The hotel overlooks the Knysna Lagoon. This property and location is ideal as part of a tailor-made itinerary along The Garden Route.
Contact Simon at Designer Travel Tailor-made Holidays & Cruises
All details quoted are thought to be correct at time of posting but are always subject to confirmation at time of booking
Photo: Bedroom (Hotel) 3