South Africa, in particular the beautiful lands around the Cape, should feature at the top of every discerning traveller’s wish list. Enjoy the spectacular views of Table Mountain in Cape Town, or sample the wine from the famous vineyards of Franschoek and Stellenbosch, not far from the city. Travel on to view the wildlife and natural beauty along the Garden Route and finish your holiday at a malaria-free luxury game reserve. Or include a visit to the grandfather of all game reserves at the Kruger National Park. Apart from the excellent food, wine and warm hospitality, South Africa offers outstanding value for money.
Attractions around Cape Town
- Explore the various shops and restaurants on the waterfront
- Take a trip to the famous Robben Island Museum from here (pre-book)
- For wonderful views take the cable car up Table Mountain (the energetic can hike up to the Lions Head for alternative views).
- Or take a marvelous helicopter ride over the Cape and Table Mountain
- Retreat to the famous Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens
- Admire the architecture around St George’s Mall; Cape Dutch, Georgian and Victorian.
- Explore Cape Town’s famous beaches not far away
- Explore the famous Stellenbosch, Paarl and Franschoek Wine Region
Attractions around Oudtshoorn
- Divert along the Klein Karoo Wine Route – ask for details
- Cango Caves, Cango Wild Life Centre and the Ostrich Farm (or less expensive alternatives) are popular places to visit
- Drive to the top of the beautiful Swartberg Pass
- Take an early morning tour to meet the Meerkats!
Attractions around Knysna
- Take a lagoon cruise, enjoy wonderful views at Knysna Head, visit the CP Nel Museum
- Outeniqua Tjoe-Choo Steam Train rides along the coast beside the Outeniqua Mountains from Knysna to George
- Drive through the ‘lake district’ to Wilderness – golden stretches of beaches await you
- Beautiful Plettenburg Bay is 30 minutes away (can be added to itinerary)
- Try the Tsitsikamma Canopy Tour, a unique eco-wilderness adventure that takes place in rainforest at Stormsriver
- For golf lovers Knysna is ideal with two excellent courses nearby
- Try the longest Bungee Jump in the World at Bloukrans Bridge, Kareedouw, Stormsriver
- Mossel Bay and a boat trip round Seal Island
- The popular Cage Diving with Great Whites – False Bay (near Cape Town), Dyer Island (near Hermanus) and Mossel Bay.
Please contact me now to find out more about all the wonderful holidays you can have in South Africa including the famous rail journeys on The Blue Train or the more traditional luxurious Rovos Rail and various safari holidays.
For further information and advice concerning all types of holidays and cruising (including tailor-made packages) please contact Simon on Tel: 01475 540350 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All details quoted are thought to be correct at time of posting but are always subject to confirmation at time of booking
Photo: Franschhoek (Premier) 137