Avalon started operations in 2004 and the operator has introduced at least one new vessel each year since then
Avalon Waterways is owned by the long established family-run Globus group that serves more than 500,000 clients a year with worldwide escorted tours. They created Avalon in 2004 and the operator has introduced at least one new vessel each year since then. The group now has a large modern fleet of modern luxury river cruise ships.
Original Modern Fleet
Avalon Tapestry, Tranquility, Imagery, Scenery, Affinity, Creativity, Felicity and Luminary
The initial batch of eight river ships are very spacious, offering four decks, including an outside sky deck for relaxing. Cabins are large at 172 sq ft and junior suites are 258 sq ft. Over 70 % have French Balconies (sliding glass doors with protective railing). The cabins have the usual mod cons and all ships have internet access. All ships have reception, lounge, bar, restaurant, Sky deck, hairdressing salon, fitness centre, library; all with panoramic views. The ships employ the latest engineering technology offering a smooth ride. Tapestry, Tranquility and Imagery have their engines and bridge located at the stern, separated from the main ship, allowing an even smoother and quieter river cruise.
- The Rhine from The Swiss Alps through Germany and Belgium into Holland’s North Sea
- The Moselle through France, Luxembourg and Germany
- The Danube through Hungary, Austria, Slovakia, Romania, Serbia to the Black Sea
- The Seine from Paris to the Beaches of Normandy
- The Saone from Paris to the Cote d’Azur
- As well as operating in many European countries as listed above, the company has a presence in China using Victoria Cruises’ Victoria Anna and Jenna.
Three new Suite River Cruise Boats
Launched in May 2011, the Avalon Panorama offers clients the chance to sample this new unique ‘Suite Ship’, including two decks of 200 square feet suite staterooms with wall-to-wall sliding panoramic windows which will open to transform the living space into a large open air balcony. Two new sisters to Avalon Panorama, the Avalon Visionary and the Avalon Vista, will be launched in 2012. These luxurious new vessels include all the facilities of previous Avalon ships, with even more spacious deck space and interiors.
Many extras included
- Exclusive home pick up service
- Flights included from London (region at a supplement)
- Transfers, port charges and crew gratuities
- All meals including complimentary quality wines, beer or soft drinks served with dinner. Tea and coffees throughout the day.
- Excursion and sightseeing trips with local guides
- On board lectures, activities and nightly piano music
New Mekong Cruises
Avalon has joined forces with Pandaw River Cruises and has built a 32 passenger river cruise vessel, the Avalon Angkor, entering service in September 2012. They have purposely opted for a small vessel to allow access to the centre of Seam Reap in Cambodia and Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam. The company will normally be offering a 12 night holiday, with a seven night cruise sandwiched between 3 nights in Ho Chi Minh City and 2 nights at Seam Reap for visits to Angkor Wat.
Please contact me to find out more about these wonderful ultra modern river cruise ships offering fantastic value and for details of their latest offers.
Contact Simon at Designer Travel Tailor-made Holidays & Cruises
All details quoted are thought to be correct at time of posting but are always subject to confirmation at time of booking.
Photo: Avalon LUMINARY (Avalon) 80