A former British Colony, Malta is described by the tourist board as 'one big open air museum', with a 7000-year history for visitors to explore. For instance, retrace the footsteps of St Paul, or see where the Knights of St John defended Christendom. Much of the past has been preserved,...
HOLIDAY IDEA – Cape Town, The Garden Route & Game Reserve
South Africa, in particular the beautiful lands around the Cape, should feature at the top of every discerning traveller’s wish list.
4 nights Cape Town – 7 nights Garden Route – 3 nights Luxury Malaria Free Game Reserve
South Africa, in particular the beautiful lands around the Cape, should feature at the top of every discerning traveller’s wish list. Enjoy the spectacular views of Table Mountain in Cape Town, or sample the wine from the famous vineyards of Franschoek and Stellenbosch, not far from the city. Travel on to view the wildlife and natural beauty along the Garden Route and finish your holiday at a malaria-free luxury game reserve. Apart from the excellent food, wine and warm hospitality, South Africa offers outstanding value for money.
This itinerary gives you an idea of what is possible in recommended 4 star accommodation – please contact me for further details. Different grades and types of accommodation are possible just contact me please for further information.
Fly from the UK
Private Transfer to hotel on arrival (it is not always a good idea to drive after a long haul flight)
4 nights at Cape Town – The V & A Hotel on Cape Town’s beautiful waterfront.
- Explore the various shops and restaurants on the waterfront
- Take a trip to the famous Robben Island Museum from here (pre-book)
- For wonderful views take the cable car up Table Mountain (the energetic can hike up to the Lions Head for alternative views).
- Retreat to the famous Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens.
- Admire the architecture around St George’s Mall; Cape Dutch, Georgian and Victorian.
- Explore Cape Town’s famous beaches not far away.
You have the option of participating in a tour (not included) to the famous Stellenbosch, Paarl and Franschoek Wine Region (or include it in your Garden Route itinerary as below).
Car hire can be arranged for 5th Day pick up at hotel (or earlier if required)
1 night stay at the seaside resort of Hermanus – The Ocean 11 Guesthouse
- Explore Walker bay which offers the best whale watching viewing from land (in season)
2 nights stay at Oudtshoorn – The Thorntree Country House
- Divert along the Klein Karoo Wine Route – ask for details
- Cango Caves, Cango Wild Life Centre and the Ostrich Farm (or less expensive alternatives) are popular places to visit
- Drive to the top of the beautiful Swartberg Pass
3 nights stay at Knysna – Leisure Isle Lodge
- Take a lagoon cruise, enjoy wonderful views at Knysna Head, visit the CP Nel Museum
- Outeniqua Tjoe-Choo Steam Train rides along the coast beside the Outeniqua Mountains from Knysna to George
- Drive through the ‘lake district’ to Wilderness – golden stretches of beaches await you
- Beautiful Plettenburg Bay is 30 minutes away (can be added to itinerary)
- Try the Tsitsikamma Canopy Tour, a unique eco-wilderness adventure that takes place in rainforest at Stormsriver
- For golf lovers Knysna is ideal with two excellent courses nearby
Luxury Game Reserve
1 night stay at Port Elizabeth – The Beach Hotel
Drop off car at Port Elizabeth Airport next day.
3 nights stay at Luxury Shamwari Game Reserve – Longlee Manor
All meals, several game drives and adventures included in this part of the package. You will be picked up by resort staff at Port Elizabeth Airport and returned to the airport for your flight home.
Fly back to UK
- Try the longest Bungee Jump in the World at Bloukrans Bridge, Kareedouw, Stormsriver
- Mossel Bay and a boat trip round Seal Island
- The popular Cage Diving with Great Whites – False Bay (near Cape Town), Dyer Island (near Hermanus) and Mossel Bay.
This particular tailor-made package was based on a July 2013 departure at £2717 per person but can easily be quoted for anytime and of course durations/destination_blogs can be altered accordingly.
See other South African Travel and Hotel Blogs.
Contact Simon at Designer Travel Tailor-made Holidays & Cruises
All details quoted are thought to be correct at time of posting but are always subject to confirmation at time of booking
Photo: V & A Waterfront at Cape Town (Premier) 107
More of My Articles
Universal – SeaWorld - Discovery Cove Universal and SeaWorld including Discovery Cove...Swim with the Dolphins Universal Universal have two parks right next to each other so you can easily spend a day or more in each. Click for Universal Map Universal Studios- Full day This TV based theme park allows...
5 Star River Cruising with Ama Waterways Ama Waterways is one of the leading river cruise companies and operates one of the newest fleets in Europe on the Danube, Rhine, Main and Mosel rivers including the South of France and Portugal, Black Sea and Eastern European Cities. The company also...
Get in touch with a Personal Travel Expert for information about our Destinations, travel advice or a quote.0786 488 1126
We'll call you back
Leave us your contact details and we will be in touch as soon as possible.